We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from the airstrip to Pelican Reef?

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lansing, Michigan...
Level Contributor
9 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from the airstrip to Pelican Reef?

Must we reserve transport, or are there taxis at the airstrip? As I imagine there are, what is a fair price to Pelican Reef Villas? PRV wants to charge us $50 round trip, seems higher than I expected. Thanks!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,947 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from the airstrip to Pelican Reef?

Is that $50.00 Belize dollars or US? If it's BZ, it's about right. It seems that once you get off the paved road, which is about two miles south of town, the fares go up pretty quickly. I would guess a one way cab ride would be US$10-15.00.

There will be cabs waiting at the airstrip.

Lansing, Michigan...
Level Contributor
9 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from the airstrip to Pelican Reef?

PRV said $50 USD for a round trip transfer. Thanks for the info Jeanh!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,947 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from the airstrip to Pelican Reef?

There are no meters in the cabs, settle on a price before you get in.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from the airstrip to Pelican Reef?

I have a friend who lives down that way and it was $15 to cab her house which is walking distance to Pelican Reef, I am guessing could be as high as $20 now as that was a few years back.

Jean is right always remember to settle first especially if you are going for a bit further of a ride. Cabs all park on the side of the Tropic terminal and it is easy to spot them when you are at baggage claim.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from the airstrip to Pelican Reef?

Just got off the phone with Pelican Reef Villas. Carol confirmed the round trip transfers to/from San Pedro airstrip/PRV, is US$25.00. That is BZ$50.00 and as you can see from Jean's and Tacogirl's info, inline with local taxi pricing.

6. Re: Transportation from the airstrip to Pelican Reef?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, June 19, 2013