We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with small kids

Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay with small kids

These forums are such a great help when you haven't visited a country before, so here goes. We are thinking about San Pedro in June and will have my 3 grandsons with us (ages 6,5, and 3) Where is the best place to stay with the kids? I would like some sort of a beach for them to play and a good pool. They all are good swimmers. I first considered the Phoenix, but read that there isn't a beach area - what about Xanadu? Or is there another resort that would be better? Also with restaurants fairly close...

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay with small kids

Also look at thje Palms.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,453 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay with small kids

I'd agree with the Palms. Also Banyan Bay. Further from town, but, there are several restaurants close by, as well as one on site.

Xanadu has a sea wall as well. There's an ok beach just a bit north of there at Caribbean Villas. You might also look at staying there, it isn't quite as upscale as the others mentioned.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay with small kids

Our family had a great time at Belizean Shores. Nice pool, rooms with kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. It has a beach, but there is a lot of grass. The other drawback to some may be that it's located a bit out of town. Having said that, we enjoyed it for that reason.

We also checked out Xanadu while we were there and thought it was a nice place. The pool is nice and they have nature trails on the grounds. All in all we thought Belizean Shores was the better all around deal, so we opted to stay there.

We also checked out Ramon's Village and that seemed like a fun option as well. Though a bit crowded we would have stayed there if they had a better room available (only had a basic rooms available).

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay with small kids

I would vote for Caribbean Villas with kids.

Nice stretch of beach there and Sail sports often gives good activity to watch if people are out on hobie cats or wind surfing. San Pedro sailing club also does Kids races Sailing Sunday's.

5. Re: Where to stay with small kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, June 17, 2013