We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to Tranquility Bay

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to Tranquility Bay

Staying at Tranquility Bay next week. What is the best way to get there from the Belize City airport? Any tips would be appreciated.

denver
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to Tranquility Bay

take a tropic or mayan air plane from belize city to san pedro. from there, take a water taxi to the north end of the island.about a 30 minute ride,non stop.

i was next door at sueno del mar last week and visited tranquility several times which is walking distance. you'll enjoy it. we're out from the maddening crowds.

also walk down and have a drink at sueno. its a great place for dinner and drinks as well.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to Tranquility Bay

Thanks Newsvet. Do I need to book the flight to San Pedro ahead of arrival? We Get in at 11:30 AM. Is it tough to get a seat or are there planes going to San Pedro often?

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
13 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to Tranquility Bay

Planes leave Belize City for San Pedro about every 45 minutes or so. Most have seats open so it should be easy to book a flight once you arrive.

denver
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to Tranquility Bay

to be safe, log on to tropicair.com and you can see the schedules and make reservations.

allow a good hour by the time you deplane to go thru customs and check in with tropic.

i would suggest the 12:40 flight to san pedro.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,331 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to Tranquility Bay

We were on several Tropic Air flights last week. Almost all of them were full, even the midday one from Dangriga to Municipal. The reservations are easy to make on line, I'd go ahead and book ahead at this time of year.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to Tranquility Bay

Thanks for the info. My wife and I are travelling with three other couples so I guess I will be booking the flight ahead of time. How big are the planes?

I understand the resort will pick us up at the airport for a water taxi trip to Tranquility Bay. Anyone know how long the taxi ride is?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,331 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to Tranquility Bay

I think the planes are 16 passenger. You can take a cab ($25.00US) to the municipal airport in Belize City and fly to Ambergris Caye for about half the price. With two of us, it's never seemed worth the hassle. Even with four per cab, you'd save quite a bit. But, there is that hassle factor. It's just to easy to clear immigration and customs and check in at Tropic or Maya in about 50 steps....

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to Tranquility Bay

Jeanh. Tahnks for the info.

I meant that the taxi was picking us up at the San Pedro airport for the trip to Tranquility Bay. Any idea how long the taxi ride is and how many people plus luggage can fit in a water taxi?

vancouver, wa
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to Tranquility Bay

We are considering Tranquility in late Oct. When you return any thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to Tranquility Bay

NWdivers I'll be sure to let you know what it's all about. Three more days till I leave the snow!! Whoo Hoo!!