We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria House

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria House

Our family (Mom/Dad and three 18, 20, 21yrs) are traveling to Ambergris in March. Very excited. Staying at Victoria House. Comments? Reviews sound good. Beach? Far from town? Best way to access the caye? Should we fly from Belize City? If not, how does one get to water taxi from airport and then how to hotel. Thanks for any input possible. From: Portland , Oregon and YES it is STILL raining - we are going on 40 days and 40 nights :)

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria House

Search this forum and you'll find comments. The search is just above the first post in this forum.

Bourbonnais
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria House

From TVPRO

If you are going to San Pedro from Belize city take a plane. You would have to leave the Belize City Airport by cab through town to the water taxi. Take the plane to San Pedro. You might get a cheaper flight to San Pedro by booking yourself. Contact Tropic Air or Mayan Air to get there. I flew Tropic. The Victoria House is really nice and is a little south of town. It will be a walk to get there but you can always use the beach to get to town. I didnt see the beach front at VH but I know that the beach at Ramons is decent for swiming. There is still grass there but you can still get in. Another place that is a must is the BBQ Lunch at BC's on the beach. I think it is Tuesdays...really good stuff...do not miss. We also ate at pepperonis pizza. It was good and close to were you will be staying. Will work for the kids. If you need anymore info about SP email me at tvcamgroup@aol.com

maryland
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria House

From international airport you can take a direct flight to the caye.This is the most expensive option.You can take a taxi,it cost $20 U.S..You have 2 choices.You can go to the water taxi.As i recall it cost about$15 per person,and is a 45-60 minute boat ride. Your last option is to take the taxi to the municipial airport from there it cost about half the price compared to international$45 versus$90 give or take.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria House

Hi there - I noticed that you were going to the Victoria House and was interested in your opinions of the resort. I am getting married there in 3 weeks and was curious as to the condition of the resort and the quality of the food (new chef). Would love any input you have!