We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Famous visitor rumor

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Famous visitor rumor

I've heard that Leonardo Dicaprio often vacations in Belize near or around the AC/San Pedro area. Anyone else ever heard this or run across him on the island? (Just a fun little discussion topic.)

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Famous visitor rumor

He bought Blackadore Caye behind Ambergris Caye with intentions to build a luxury eco resort, but not sure with any intention to start construction anytime soon.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Famous visitor rumor

We get plenty of famous people here in Belize, but we tend to respect their privacy. I have had household names staying at my tiny place, one of the things that they like is to be able to relax and not be stared at all the time. The people round here couldn't give a rat's a**e if you are famous or not....even if they know, they don't care.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Famous visitor rumor

Yea, I read about the small island he bought. Just curious. It seems America is the only culture that is obsessed with celebrity status.

4. Re: Famous visitor rumor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:04 am, October 20, 2010