We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Beach

Sturbridge...
Level Contributor
236 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Coco Beach

Does anyone know if the second pool or restaurant is completed yet?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Beach

I'm staying there in July for a honeymoon and have been in constant contact with the Hotel. As of now, the second pool is open, but I don't believe the dining is. I would recommend e-mailing them or contact them through their website. They were very fast and friendly with their response.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Beach

I just got back from staying at Coco Beach this week. The second pool is not open. They told us it was when we arrived but the next day it had yellow tape around it and it was half drained with men working on it again.

As for the restaurant, I could not even see where they has started building one so that will probably be much further out.

Hope this helps.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,436 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco Beach

I thought the restaurant was sort of behind the 'second pool', looking out over it? I'm not sure why I think that though. We had a drink at the pool bar a few weeks ago, maybe someone mentioned it????

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco Beach

That may be where the plans call for putting the restaurant but its definately not there. Not even close.

Thanks

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco Beach

I understand that AC has had some water shortage problems recently so it may be that it wasn't possible to fill an otherwise completed pool. The resort should tell you the true state of affairs.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,436 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coco Beach

I am pretty sure Coco Beach isn't on city water, which is where the problems are with supply.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coco Beach

The second pool was full when we got there and a couple people were in it. However the second day it was taped off and they were draining it so obviously something wasn't working properly.

Side note - Water pressure was really low and the toilets went out on Friday night so there could be some issue with water supply at Coco.

Raleigh
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Coco Beach

Hello -- we are planning a honeymoon in July 2010 as well and wonder if anyone could shed some light on weather in Beliez during that time? Its say's its the rainy season -- what exactly does that mean? Thanks!

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coco Beach

The rainy season is not like the monsoon season, in other words, it doesn;t rain every day. You may not get any rain at all, and rain you are likely to have tends to fall at night, often with big spectacular thunder storms, a special favourite of mine - we had a pretty good one the other night, and it's the middle of the dry season - so it just goes to show it's not hard and fast.

Daytime rain is generally over quickly and then the sun dries everything out very fast.

Personally I love the summertime in Belize, it's when the Belizeans play. The weather is hot and sunny, nothing is crowded, there are plenty of deals to be had, the fishing is great. Come and enjoy!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coco Beach

Heading there for 9 days in August, and joined them on FB. Will be very interested in your post when you get back. Got a heck of a deal, but communication between the hotel and booking agent in FL seemed sketchy. All settled now.

Edited: 3:33 pm, April 20, 2010