We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving from Belizean Shores

6 posts
Save Topic
Diving from Belizean Shores

We will be staying at the Belizean Shores for 10 days at the end of Feb. Can anyone recommend dive operators and are there any who will come get you at their (Belizean Shores) dock? Also any input on water temperature, clarity, and good dive sites would be greatly appreciated.

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving from Belizean Shores

All of the dive operators will come pick you up at Belizean Shores. IU would recommend going into town and choosing from the operators yourself rather than having the hotel set it up. We made that mistake at Belizean Shores and paid more than we would have if we did it ourselves.

You definitely want to do the Blue Hole.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving from Belizean Shores

You will love Belizean shores if you value quiet time as much as diving. I would agree that it is best to go into town to book your diving. Chcek out Lagniappe-Belize (www.lagniappe-belize.com). For 10 days you will not want to eat out all the time and the onsite restaurant is so-so. Lagniappe will stock you room so you can cook for yourself. For your length of stay the expense will be worth it.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving from Belizean Shores

There is a great dive operation on Caye Caulker -- ran by OJ Holden. take the water taxi over to see him -- you will not go wrong!!!!

Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,292 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving from Belizean Shores

Water temps in Feb should be about 81 or more

You can book atoll and local reef dives with Amigos.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving from Belizean Shores

Belize Ocean Divers is run by Steve Bowen,next to Journeys End which is next door to Belizean Shores. They will pick you up or you could walk five minutes north to the next resort. There are over 500 dive sites off Ambergris Caye, you will have a wonderful time with this great dive shop next door to where you are staying.. PLease remember to bring a good underwater camera., you will see Eagle Rays at Eagle Ray Canyon nurse sharks, sting rays and lots of juvenile fish. Make sure he takes you to love tunnel and the chimney dive sites, great caves and marine life you will not want to go home. Have a good trip. I own a home next to Journey End on the beach. If you want more information contact me at dfwxx@yahoo.com my name is Daniel

Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving from Belizean Shores

There are dive operators right at Belizean Shores. We went with Capt. Joe. He is cool and very knowledgable. All you have to do is go to the palapa on the pier and tell them what you want to do. They also do cave tubing and other tours. I higly reccomend the Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley Snorkel.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Diving from Belizean Shores

I second the recommendation for Amigos Del Mar, I dove with them in September and they were great!

Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now