We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san Pedro???

san franscisco
1 post
Save Topic
san Pedro???

I am thinking of planning a wedding in Belize. I am not thrilled with the idea of staying on a small island. Though we do plan to fish and dive we would also be very interested in days trips to the interior. Where are some good ideas if we want good restraunts...bars...shopping ect? Also what lodging do you recommend? Like the idea of having several bungalos with 2 or more rooms with kitchen, AC ect.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,008 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: san Pedro???

Ambergris Caye is our most visited destination with the largest selection of hotels, restaurants, bars and people. I've arranged many wedding there and this area works best for large diverse crowds. You can submit your marriage application to the registry office on your 4th (business) day in Belize and pick up the completed paperwork on the following business day. Theres plenty of great restaurants for celebrating, a wedding photog and minister who can officate your ceremony, religious or non-secterian. Or would you prefer your ceremony on the mainland at a maya site, waterfall or botanic garden? Lots of great options to consider.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,051 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: san Pedro???

I would definitely do the wedding on Ambergris Caye instead of the mainland if that's what your other option is. AC has lots and lots of fabulous restaurants, is near one of the top diving spots in the world, are known for their bone fishing, and is very, very relaxing. Lots of fun bars, but not a lot of great shopping. We're not really shoppers, but are divers. We stay at the Palms condos. Go to www.ambergriscaye.com, scroll down and click on their message board. Click on "about ambergris caye" and ask any question you want to ask or better yet do some searches and read some first then when you have a question, post it. I have planned many vacations to AC using this method and have not been disappointed. Good luck.

3. Re: san Pedro???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:59 pm, November 04, 2005