We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun Stuff To Do At Night...

Richmond , VA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Fun Stuff To Do At Night...

Going for my Honeymoon.... but we are both excited about going to town for some fun at night at least a few times! Any fun idea's ?(I remember when I went a long time ago they had Chicken poop bingo and crab races @ night.. Do they still) Or any bars you recommend for good music.. or local music or ECT....

Thanks...

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,368 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun Stuff To Do At Night...

The Chicken Drop is still held on Wednesday nights at the Pier Lounge.

Fidos has music most nights, although mostly on the weekends at this time of year. It seems like there is live music somewhere every night.

Just ask around when you come to town.

Richmond , VA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun Stuff To Do At Night...

I will be there in Oct... Does that make a hugh difference to the night life?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
958 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun Stuff To Do At Night...

Is everything really casual here? Would wearing a dress be over dressed?

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun Stuff To Do At Night...

Very casual. Think shorts, tanks, no shoes. October is very quiet, and a lot of places are closed for vacations and renovations. Can be very hot, as the winds shift to come from the back (west) of the island. Think "no shoes, no shirt, no problem" it really works!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,368 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun Stuff To Do At Night...

September and October are both quiet. The restaurants sort of take turns being closed for vacation. Don't worry, plenty of places will be open to choose from.

Music at Fidos may be weekend only though. I'm guessing you'll still be able to find music somewhere though.

Richmond , VA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun Stuff To Do At Night...

Any Chance they still do the Chicken Drop in Oct?

So you would say to schedule all the trips and adventures early in the week because Monday - Thur Pretty Dead?

Or there will still be fun stuff just not as many places open?

Sorry trying to decide are itinerary...

Mike - Can't Wait For San Pedro...

P.S. - Would you recomend Fishing in Oct?

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,368 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun Stuff To Do At Night...

I'm guessing they still do the chicken drop in October. It just won't last as many rounds since there will be less people interested in buying tickets.

I would look into booking tours shortly after arrival. Keep yourselves flexible, so that whenever there are enough people for a tour, you'll be able to go.

You can probably do anything you want, you just have to be flexible on the days you do them.

Although some restaurants will be closed, there will still be plenty of places to eat. And most of the bars will be open.

I don't know a thing about fishing.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun Stuff To Do At Night...

Fishing is good every month of the year. I did lots of fishing from the nearest jetty and, with one other, on one day we caught sufficient fish for a family barbeque. You can go on fishing trips in a boat, but check websites for details. I took a small telescopic rod with the necessary accessories in my bag, only weighed less than three pounds, and so I was able to fish anywhere when the mood took me.

But, hey, you are on honeymoon with the the catch of your life.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fun Stuff To Do At Night...

Perhaps I am a bit too forward but I have to wonder why honeymooners are going to town at night?

Richmond , VA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fun Stuff To Do At Night...

Well when you are there for a full week... It is fun to go into town at night and explore..

I was not asking this question to say I am going binge drinking every night! Just want to get a taste of the local night life! Also love live reggae!

Thanks for your concern though!