We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

non-alcoholic beer?

Los Barriles, Mexico
Level Contributor
101 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
non-alcoholic beer?

Can anyone tell me if they carry non-alcoholic beer

in San Pedro? I can't even find out if they carry any american brand name beer. I can no longer drink the real deal. Can anyone help?

Susan Conover

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: non-alcoholic beer?

Belekin beer holds a virtual monopoly and is great stuff.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: non-alcoholic beer?

Because Belize is a small country all imported goods are highly taxed, so do not expect much in the way of imported beers. During a fortnight's holiday in February this year I saw no imported beers, but the local Belekin beers are very acceptable. However if you are unable to drink beer (or all alcohols?) then various companies in Belize produce some very good fruit juices and fruit squashes for diluting with water. However steer clear of the fruit juices which are full of chemicals. Depending where you stay you should also be able to have some fresh coconut milk straight from the shell and then scoop the soft juicy flesh with a spoon and so enjoy one of nature's most delicious treats.

So the lack of imported non-alcoholic beers should not be a reason to be dissuaded from enjoying a great laid-back holiday in San Pedro and the rest of Ambergris Caye.

Have fun.

3. Re: non-alcoholic beer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 01, 2009