We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanted place to stay for five

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wanted place to stay for five

We are a family of five (three grown children)looking for place to stay in San Pedro or Caye Caulker from Dec 28 to 1st of Jan. prefer not to be too far from beach w/ kitchen would help cut down on expenses. Star rating is not importante as safety, clealiness and friendliness.

Any recomendations would be most appreciated this is our first time in Belize and we want to have fun!

Belize
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanted place to stay for five

Have you thought of Placencia as a choice for your vacation...more laid back and less crowded during the peak season...best beaches in Belize. You can easily find more self catering places there...if you need any assistance PM me...would be glad to point you in the right directions.

sacramento
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanted place to stay for five

I would consider Ambergris Caye over Placencia. I've been to both many times & AC has much more to do than Placencia.

You should look at staying at Belizean Shores. They have 2 bed rooms condos & the couch is also a fold out bed. They have a great pool, too. Its a boat taxi away from town at night but during the day you can ride bikes into town or rent a golf cart.

We also really like Coral Bay Villas south of town. They are walking distance to town but I'm not sure if they have 2-3 bedroom condos.

The beaches I think are prettier in AC. Really soft white sand, but some seaweed. Belizean Shores & Coral Bay Villas have kayaks you can use to get to the reef and snorkel in a really great spot. Placencia is too far south to get to the reef in a kayak. Just seemed like there was less to do. Definitely less places to eat.

Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wanted place to stay for five

Hi Kimber71 ,

Appreciate your sugestion,really nice places but I'm is out of our budget.We want to stay in fair modest place and spend the savings on activities such us diving,fishing,snorkling and of course,good eating and few pina coladas.

Thanks,

morena

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,676 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wanted place to stay for five

You're coming during the most expensive week of the year. Many places will already be full.

Someone else will need to help with Caulker, I've only spent a few nights there.

There are cheap rooms on and off the beach on Ambergris, but I don't think many have kitchens. You might look at Hotel del Rio, some of their larger units have kitchens and at least one will sleep five.

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wanted place to stay for five

What is your budget?

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wanted place to stay for five

Check out the Tides. They have a very large two bedroom suite with kitchen and livingroom area, on the mainfloor. I believe there is a pullout in the livingroom. They have a pool, are on the beach and easy walk to town. The Tides also manages a large house next door. It has a lovely raised front deck and has the pool privileges but it is more money and I don't think it has airconditioning, which often isn't that big a deal at that time of year.

Another option is Banana Beach, they have a lovely suite that has individual rooms with separate baths that can be added onto it. That said, it is unlikely that it will be available at this late date.

7. Re: Wanted place to stay for five

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 09, 2009