We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Belize

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Belize

Hi there!

I am planning a trip for travel in November and was considering

Belize for a destination. I am a 25 yr old active female traveling with my boyfriend and another couple about the same age. I have traveled the Caribbean and Mexico but am pretty unfamiliar with Belize. I have heard different opinions and would just like to know mre information about the islands. Where would be the best city for us to stay in based on our age and needs? Is is better to do an all-inclusive vacation in Belize or better to venture into the city? I have heard that Belize City is kind of "dirty" and unsafe, is this true? If so, what is a cleaner and safer city? I welcome all information, as I said, I really have no knowledge of this destination! Thank you!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Belize

It really depends on what your interests are, and how long you will have. No real all inclusives. If you have at least a week, I would recommend some time in San Ignacio for the active jungle adventures, then the rest of the time on Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye for beach and water sports. Ambergris has a busier night life, more restaurants, more people. Caulker is really laid back. Getting around is easy.

2. Re: Questions about Belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro