We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahogany Bay

Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Mahogany Bay

I’m booking a trip to Belize in February 2018 and was curious if anyone had feedback on the Mahogany Bay Beach Club? I see that Hilton is taking over the property on January 1. I plan to come for some R&R so a good book pool/beach is really all I need. I’m not looking to venture out or shop etc. Any help is appreciated!

5 replies to this topic
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,436 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahogany Bay

Mahogany Bay isn’t on the beach. I’m not sure where their beach club will be. If beach and a nice pool are your objectives, I’d look elsewhere.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
969 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahogany Bay

As far as I know the 'beach club' is not on their property, nor is it on the Caribbean side of the island. I think you have to take a boat from the resort to the beach club. The resort itself is built on man made canals, where they ripped out all the mangroves. It's right next to the sewage treatment ponds. I believe it does have a nice pool though. If I were coming all the way to Ambergris Caye, it's not somewhere I would choose to stay. I'd want to stay right on the beach with a view of the reef. But it all depends on what you're looking for. Maybe it's really inexpensive. I have no idea. There are inexpensive options right on the Caribbean seafront though.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,739 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mahogany Bay

The girls are both right, the beach club is a short boat ride north on the west side of the island. I know they have been working on the place and making it really nice.

I was lucky enough to pass through there a few months back when it was partly done and it was already looking nice. Good area to go in the water on a nice stretch of beach and they have lots of shade and seating.

Boston...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mahogany Bay

I'm staying her also in Jan... Is it worth staying there for less than $100per night? Would i need a cart to get around to get cheap eats, booze, (I'll hit up a market, hotel mark up😖) night life or I'm I better in a taxi are thier taxis?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,436 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mahogany Bay

Cabs are readily available, and, not terribly expensive. I like the convenience of a cart though.

Reply to: Mahogany Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted