We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private day charter recommendation

wisconsin
Level Contributor
66 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Private day charter recommendation

My husband and I are renting a house north of San Pedro for a week in February 2018. We are looking to just enjoy the beach and relax away from crowds. One day we would like to hire a private charter to take us snorkeling to Hol Chan, Shark alley, possibly Caye Caulker, and maybe see some manatees or lunch on a deserted beach. Just a quiet private day from morning to early afternoon. Any recommendations?

8 replies to this topic
MN
Level Contributor
628 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private day charter recommendation

Try Laji of New Day Adventures. I’m on island now and my husband and I really enjoyed our day with him and his son. We went reef fishing, then snorkeled, and last was a beach BBQ. His son caught a bunch of lobsters so we had those along with fish we caught. So fresh and delicious. Search under things to do and you will find New Day Adventures.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,517 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private day charter recommendation

Some friends joined us for a charter day on the Sirena Azul sailboat last fall - wonderful day.

bluetanginn.com/attraction/…

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
969 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private day charter recommendation

Some excellent private small charters include, Ambergris Luxury Charters, Creative Tours, Oliver and the Cari' Bean and, one of my all time favourites, which is a traditional Belizean sailboat, Rum Punch II

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private day charter recommendation

We used Captain Oliver to do exactly as you're describing. His boat was comfortable and has a bathroom. His beach BBQ snorkeling trip includes a deliciously cooked lunch on a private island. We looked for the manatees around Caye Caulker but had no luck. What are you looking to spend because a trip for 2 may be a little pricey. There were five of us splitting the costs on our trip.

Salt Lake City, Utah
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Private day charter recommendation

Check with Blue Water Fishing Charters Felix Garcia

explorebelize01@gmail.com

wisconsin
Level Contributor
66 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private day charter recommendation

Not really sure what to expect price wise for what I am looking for. Having a great big catamaran would be amazing (lifestyles of the rich and famous) but may be a serious chunk of change. A smaller boat would be okay but I do need some shade available. My husband has some issues with motion sickness so we would probably spend the whole day on deck and not inside if it was a big boat. We have gone on trips like this in Hawaii, on a 40' inflatable and also a bigger fishing boat. Just looking for information because after reading most of the forum and reviews and checking websites, the info is limited for me to make an informed decision.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
66 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private day charter recommendation

thank you everyone for your responses. I truly appreciate your help.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,517 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private day charter recommendation

Last fall (October 2016) we paid $550 for a full day on the Sirena Azul - included the park fees, 3 snorkeling stops, sodas, rum punch, ceviche, and fruit. In our case we split it 7 ways.

Reply to: Private day charter recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted