We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Belize?

Colorado
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Belize?

Can anyone advise as to a good place to stay on a decent beach with snorkeling right there or near??? Anniversary trip, want to relax, want something nice but not ultra expensive. Don't need lots of night life.

Dubai
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Belize?

I'd recommend Xanadu, Ramons, Captain Morgans and Banyan Bay. They are all good quality resorts suitable for the type of vacation that you describe. If you dont want to spend that much try Corona Del Mar.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Belize?

Xanadu Xanadu Xanadu Xanadu !!

PERFECT

Belize
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Belize?

First of all there is no resort where you can snorkel off the beach. If you want beach and somewhere to relax I'd recommend either Caye Caulker or Placencia. Check out Seaside Cabanas or Auxillou Beach Suites in Caulker. In Placencia take a loot at Laru Beya or Robert's Grove.

Alex Gamero

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,508 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Belize?

Nice options for places to stay with walk in snorkeling right off the beach

South Water Caye, Tobacco Caye, Rangiuna Caye, Turneffe and Glovers atolls. TC and SWC would be the least expensive options.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Belize?

White Sands Cove to the north of San Pedro or Pelican Reef to the south....both very quiet and relaxing without a lot of kids

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
603 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Belize?

Not sure of your price range or what you consider ultra expensive, but my husband and I spent our 1 year anniversary at the Salamander Hideaway and it was SOOOOOOOOOOO relaxing, peaceful and very quiet. It's away from everything else, transportation by boat (it's on the other side of the island, very secluded, a long ride if you were to take a golf cart). We LOVED it, and came back home more relaxed than any other trip we've ever been on.

Have fun!

7. Re: Where to stay in Belize?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 29, 2009