We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun to Abergris Caye

Texas
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Cancun to Abergris Caye

What are the options to get from Cancun to Amberggris Caye. Any kind of pro/con of the options that would include price and time spent would be much appreciated. thanks

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,238 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun to Abergris Caye

We came to San Pedro via Cancun this past September. We broke the trip up and stayed overnight in Tulum, but next time we'll head straight to Corozal for the night.

From the Cancun airport, take the Riviera bus to Playa del Carmen. Transfer to the bus to Chetumal. At Chetumal, either catch a Belize bus, or have a transfer arranged. I've never figured out where you catch the bus to Belize, I've read you can do it from the main bus station in Chetumal, but I've also read you have go to to the market. We just arranged for a transfer. Something like $US30.00 for them to pick us up and take us to the airport in Corozal. Then a $US40.00 flight to San Pedro.

The bus from the airport to Playa del Carmen takes about an hour, then another 4-5hours to Chetumal. Figure an hour to cross the border and get to the aiport. Flight lasts about 20 minutes, I think there are eight per day, four each with Tropic and Maya.

Texas
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun to Abergris Caye

Thanks for the reply! I'm excited about going in a few weeks!

3. Re: Cancun to Abergris Caye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 21, 2009