We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria House accommodations

Chicago, IL
7 posts
Save Topic
Victoria House accommodations

Rainforest Suite or Palapa Casita?? We are planning on honeymooning at Victoria House in Ambergris Caye and can't decide on which accommodation to reserve. The Rainforest Suite looks amazing, but has anyone experienced the Casitas...or both? There is a siginificant increase in price to go with the Rainforest Suite, but is it worth it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria House accommodations

RF suite is much closer to the sea, is larger and has a large verandah and, I think, a new pool close by. Casitas are also nice, thatched roof, on the lawn.

Vancouver, Wa
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria House accommodations

I just got back from Victoria house on dec 25th.

the Casitas is very very nice, we where 1 away from the rainforest suite, it looked very nice, larger and had a deck on 2 sides, they also call it the Honeymoon Suite.

If its just the two of you the Casitas is perfect, nice veranda, hammock and plenty of room. Not sure how much the Rainforest is but think it was quite a bit more, it is closer to the beach, but closer means 20'

Go with the casitas and spend the xtra money on scuba diving and dinner

chris

Chicago, IL
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria House accommodations

Thanks stavman...helpful advice. I feel like the Casita is fine for us...like you said, it's just the two of us. I saw your review and pictures...beautiful!! We can't wait to go!

Vancouver, Wa
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria House accommodations

YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST

We are heading back next x-mas, I cant wait onl 11 months and 3 weeks ta go

LOL

Chris

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Victoria House accommodations

All depends on what you are looking for in a room. If you want a quiet room that is great for sleeping in and getting ready, then the Casitas are great. They are a bit small but they each have a patio and with chairs and a hammock on it.

The suites are just as you would expect with TV, larger rooms, better views, bigger patios, etc.

That extra $100 a night might be worth it for the luxury of having more room.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Victoria House accommodations

My husband and I got married at the VH last April - we rented Casa Azul for 5 days and then were in the Rainforest Suite for the last two nights. We also had people staying in 10 other rooms, including the casitas. My opinion is that the RS, although right on the beach with your own deck and larger, is sort of cheesy inside (animals painted on the wall). I would say that it's definitely not worth the extra $200 (in my opinion). I guess if you spend a lot of time in your room, you might feel differently, but as another person said, you're only closer to the beach by about a <1 min. walk.

7. Re: Victoria House accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, August 21, 2009