We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropic Air/Maya Air - book online or when I arrive

Bellaire, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tropic Air/Maya Air - book online or when I arrive

We are going to Ambergris Caye in January. Would it be better to book my airline tickets on-line with one of these airlines or wait until we arrive at BZE? If I book on-line will the line be shorter at BZE to check luggage than to purchase tickets and check luggage? Thanks for your help.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,043 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropic Air/Maya Air - book online or when I arrive

The line won't be shorter, but it will certainly be faster. In all honesty, though, it probably won't make any difference if you're flying in from the US. Tropic and Maya seem to have enough flights to get all those people where they want to go. I always book ahead, just because then it's done.

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropic Air/Maya Air - book online or when I arrive

There is only one line to buy tickets, complete reservation ticketing and check luggage so you have to stand in the line regardless of whether you have a reservation or not. However the lines have never been slow on our arrival.

It is possible that when you arrive in BZE, the next flights to AC on Tropic and/or Maya Island may be sold out. IMO, the main advantage of booking in advance is the knowledge that you are more or less guaranteed a flight at a specified time.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropic Air/Maya Air - book online or when I arrive

I always reserve a seat and pay when I arrive. Just works out well that way. Sometimes when I'm staying at the Mayan, they provide my eticket in advance and I pay them when I pay for my room at checkout.

4. Re: Tropic Air/Maya Air - book online or when I arrive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 20, 2009