We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling solo, a mistake?

3 posts
Save Topic
traveling solo, a mistake?

I decided to travel solo to ambergris Caye because it seems like an adventurous spot . However,how safe is the area? And are there a lot of tourists?

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling solo, a mistake?

Ambergis has a lot of tourist and a lot of Americans who have relocated and made Belize there home. As with anywhere, I would exercise the general common sense when it comes to safety but other than that I would not deem the island as unsafe at all.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,674 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling solo, a mistake?

I've traveled to Ambergris solo several times. Had a wonderful time. Easy to meet people and hang out. Just use common sense.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling solo, a mistake?

Jean is right very easy to meet people and use common sense.

One of the good things about Ambergris Caye is it is very easy to get your socializing and fun time done in daylight hours and be back at your hotel at a reasonable hour.

central ny
Level Contributor
98 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traveling solo, a mistake?

very friendly place, within days you will start seeing the same people and waving in the streets. i had a great time and going back

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
763 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: traveling solo, a mistake?

You will have a fantastic time. You'll find that you'll meet wonderful people. Seriously. Don't worry at all, just relax and enjoy.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: traveling solo, a mistake?

Yes, lots and lots of tourists. We felt very safe there. I wouldn't stay out really late at night by yourself or wear flashy jewelry, same common sense like you would use anywhere. People are very friendly.

7. Re: traveling solo, a mistake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 18, 2015