We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour itineraries

New England
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
tour itineraries

I am so over whelmed with the different prices for the same tours.I am traveling with 8 adults and am do to stay in Ambergris Caye in a couple of weeks,Because we are a family group with my grown children I am trying to get the best prices for us to do some sight seeing with me paying the cost. Any ideas of saving some $$ to get 2 or 3 tours in ?Is it cheaper to wait until we get there to barter?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,747 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour itineraries

What sorts of tours are you talking about? Mainland tours? Snorkel/dive trips? Boat charters?

New England
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour itineraries

we would like to do lamanai by boat is fine.also a snorkel and beach bbq.horse back riding would be nice,however I think that's out of my price range.and I would like to spend some time at caye caulker.can we just take a ferry there?

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour itineraries

Ferry to Caye Caulker or you can do the Caye Caulker Day Sail that does two snorkeling stops at Hol Chan then you sail onto CC for lunch and a short walk on the island and sail home, Seaduced does this tour.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,747 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour itineraries

I'd wait until you arrive to schedule. Seaduced, Searious and Tanisha Tours are all fairly close together. Stop in and see what kind of deal you can get.

In the past, there have been significant (10%) discounts for cash.

However, the trips to Lamanai don't go every day, so speak with the operators soon after you arrive.

We've done the Caye Caulker sailing trip to Caulker on the Lady Leslie. It's a beautiful boat, and an amazing staff. Fabulous snacks on board as well.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
61 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tour itineraries

You will have no trouble organizing stuff there as long as you are in town and not on a distant resort. There are tons of people with boats. The snorkeling tours are awesome

Anniston, Alabama
Level Contributor
72 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tour itineraries

We booked 2 different tours thru Searious and got 10% for booking in advance. One is a day trip to Lamanai with cave tubing and another is a day sail to Caye Caulker with some snorkeling at Hol Chan.

7. Re: tour itineraries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 14, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ambergris Caye