We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Art Shopping

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
460 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Art Shopping

I am looking for some very specific art. A friend once brought home from Belize (not sure where) some mahogany cabinet doors. On the front they were carved with a coral reef and painted with brightly coloured fish, corals, etc.

Anyone know where I could find something like this? We are staying in San Pedro at Landings Tres Cocos in December. Just wondering if there's an artist that I may have to "pre-order" these from :)

12 Belize
Gift & Specialty Shops
Caye Coffee Roasting Co., Ltd.
Other Food & Drink, Coffee & Tea Tours, Factory Outlets
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,021 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Art Shopping

I'd start looking here:

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,769 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Art Shopping

I'd check out Orange Gifts, which is in Cayo. http://www.orangegifts.com/ They are famous for their wood work.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
966 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Art Shopping

I don't recall seeing any work like this on Ambergris Caye. There are many galleries and wood workers here. I'd suggest bringing along a photo of the cabinet with you. Even if you can't find the actual artist, you may find someone who can reproduce it, or do something even better.

4. Re: Art Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, March 20, 2015
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now