We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Fishing Guides

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Fishing Guides

HI guys! Well, we're now all booked for our trip to Belize and so excited! Can you guys recommend a local fishing guide? We don't really care what kind of fish we're catching. It's more for the kids to have fun, but we do want to make sure we're casting and reeling. We took the kids fishing last year in Jamaica, and we were trolling. They were so bored. Plus we only caught two small tuna. So I'm hoping to do better in Belize! Any recommendations you guys can provide are greatly appreciated. We're staying at the Palms Resort. Thanks guys. :)

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Fishing Guides

I would recommend, especially with kids, Oliver at Cari'bean tours. He had a website. He books up fast, and don't expect to catch deep water fish and/or Tuna here, but you'll have a good time for sure. Enjoy!

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Fishing Guides

As long as they catch some fish and can cast and reel the whole time, they'll be happy. They're all teenagers so not too little. The youngest is 13 and the other two are 16. Thank you so much for the information. I'll look Oliver up. We're visiting in July. :)

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
769 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Fishing Guides

I would agree that Oliver is an amazing guide for families, but yes, you certainly can catch tuna, wahoo and mahi mahi here and the deep water fishing is great. A friend visiting from the USA caught a 20lb grouper in about 500 ft of water this week. Not my type of fishing at all, but there is tons of it if you want it. Deep sea fishing is very popular here. Tell your guide what you're looking for and he'll make sure you find it. Reef fishing with lots of fun! Tight lines.

4. Re: Recommended Fishing Guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 05, 2015