We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All- Inclusive

Seattle
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
All- Inclusive

We have never been to Ambergris Caye and are wondering if the resorts offer all inclusive. With 2 boys food and drink can get expensive. We love going to Cancun because of the all inclusive options but would love to try some place different.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All- Inclusive

The short answer is no. There are some places with meal plans, but, I don't of any that have unlimited food and drinks. El Pescador might have an all inclusive plan. Keep in mind that all resorts here are small, almost all with less than 50 rooms. No large resorts with multiple restaurants, lots of bars and giant pools.

Stay close to town so you can eat/drink in town and food costs are quite reasonable. Stay a ways out and you'll be paying resort prices for food and drink.

Edited: 11:50 am, February 25, 2014
Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
431 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All- Inclusive

I would do A LOT more research on Ambergris Caye if I were you. It is the complete opposite in almost every way from Cancun. I love Ambergris Caye, and I am not a fan of Cancun.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
373 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All- Inclusive

Some of the hotels have an all-inclusive option on their website, but they all seemed way overpriced to me for what you get. Food and drinks at our hotel were priced pretty similarly to prices we would find in the States, but if you stay near San Pedro and eat in town (lots of really good options), everything is pretty inexpensive.

4. Re: All- Inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 01, 2015