We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at El Secreto for two nights this weekend

Katy, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Staying at El Secreto for two nights this weekend

My husband and I booked a last minute trip to Belize this weekend through Amex; neither of us have been. We chose to stay at El Secreto because we like the villa style rooms. We do plan to spend most of one day in San Pedro exploring and dining. What is our best option to arrange transportation? I understand we will be too far north for water taxis. Is there a recommended company to use privately and do you know approximate costs?

Thank you!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,008 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at El Secreto for two nights this weekend

The hotel should arrange this for you and might be going to and from town themselves for shopping, staff, etc. Ask them

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at El Secreto for two nights this weekend

If the El Secreto is not doing a run right to town at the time you plan to go, you can ask them if they will help you get to Blue Reef which is the last water taxi top north and to prearrange with Coastal Xpress that you will be coming. Blue Reef listed at 8 miles north and El Secreto is 11 to give you an idea on distance between the two.

3. Re: Staying at El Secreto for two nights this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 19, 2015