We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches

plymouth
Level Contributor
45 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
beaches

I realize that Belize is not known for it's long stretches of beaches but was hoping to find some beaches for walking or laying out. We're staying just north of the toll bridge at Landings Tres Cocos. What I've seen in pictures, it doesn't have much of a beach, if one at all. How close is the nearest beach, that you can walk or lay out on from there?

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
31 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: beaches

We just ended our vacation in ambergris caye and stayed about 4 miles north of the bridge. The beaches are the biggest disappointment as the trash and the seaweed on the shore is non stop. However, down where you are staying, the resorts and larger residences try to clean and maintain their respective beachfronts. The beachfronts are not like most in the U.S. Where large wide sand areas to walk and wade/swim are available.

Try to find bike rentals ....with baskets.....and this will be a very valuable means of sightseeing.

The water is fantastic though, unlike anything else !

plymouth
Level Contributor
45 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: beaches

I always feel better knowing what to expect. No surprises. I was concerned there wouldn't be any beach to walk. I'm not as concerned about not being able to lay on the beach - although we do enjoy that - but being able to walk on the beach is really important!! Thank you all for your input - the reason I love tripadvisor!!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,349 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: beaches

We did it by bicycle. Is some part you need to get your feet wet and it is quite narrow. Not the cleanest beaches that I have seen and you can't swim. Was just looking at my son's photos who is just back from the Dominican Republic and what a difference!

But the beaches are not private and you are fine to walk along the beach although not all of it will be sand.

Edited: 9:52 am, January 06, 2014
San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
932 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: beaches

Thank you. I don't think you can blow up profile photos. I must admit that we run a photography company here. If you click on my profile, you should be able to find a link to our page, which has lots of Belize images in it.

15. Re: beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 08, 2015