We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would love any advice you're willing to give!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Would love any advice you're willing to give!

My husband and I were Open Water certified this summer and are now planning our first dive vacation. We would really like to stay at a smaller hotel, have a nice beach to relax on and swim after our dives and nice walks at sunset. We would love to be able to walk / golf cart to places to eat and drink. We don't necessarily want to cook, but if there is a market close and the accommodations allow for it, we wouldn't mind. We want to stay somewhere there is a reputable dive shop to work with- we do not have our own gear, so a shop that will have gear included in it's pricing would be ideal.

Would Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker be an ideal location for all of this, or should I look at a different location altogether?

We are considering Seaside Cabanas for the stay in Caye Caulker and looking at a 4-5 night stay, would like to dive 3 days- haven't researched AC thus far.

Any advice, input or direction you can give me would be appreciated!

Austin
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Would love any advice you're willing to give!

AC hotel - Mayan Princess. It's where I stay when I go to AC. The beach is right in front as well as other tour operators that offer diving. You will have a balcony, kitchen, tv, phone, etc.

12. Re: Would love any advice you're willing to give!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 12, 2014