We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Caribe Resort or Captain Morgan's Resort

Flagler Beach...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Caribe Resort or Captain Morgan's Resort

My family and I are planning a trip to Ambergris Caye for Christmas this year. We are a family of 4 with our kids in their early 20s. We will be there primarily to dive but we also want to experience the island life. We currently have an option to rent a 2 bedroom condo at the Grand Caribe Resort and a 2 bedroom codo at Captain Morgan's Resort. I can't really tell much difference based on pictures and reviews so maybe it doesn't matter but I thought I would ask the experts before we book our lodging.

Thanks for your help!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Caribe Resort or Captain Morgan's Resort

I'd go with Grand Caribe. Newer, closer to town. Well managed. As far as I know, no time share 'sharks' either.

Flagler Beach...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Caribe Resort or Captain Morgan's Resort

Jeanh,

Thanks for the recommendation...definately don't want the time share sharks swimming with me on vacation!

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Caribe Resort or Captain Morgan's Resort

I have stayed at Captain Morgan's several times. I was only once asked about timeshares, and it was very politely done and then dropped.

Captain Morgan's is much more Belizian. Grand Caribe is full of concrete and lush lawns. CM has Nicely raked sand and a beach . The pool at GC is much fancier. The pools at CM are nice, clean, but simple. Both Resorts are far enough from town you wil lWant water taxi ride.

We also were turned off by the fact that Grand Caribe made us sign in in the lobby before we could eat lunch at the pool bar. Thereisa real estate office in the lobby at GC. I'm sure they want to sell condos to someone.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Caribe Resort or Captain Morgan's Resort

Captain Morgan's is nice, Grand Caribe gets my vote [ I have stayed at both places]

Love the pool and that they have laundry rooms in all the condo's.

Leaving a vacation to go home and back to work can be hard enough, for me going home with clean laundry helps soften the blow :)

5. Re: Grand Caribe Resort or Captain Morgan's Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 19, 2014