We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Mata Rocks?

La Porte, IN
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Info on Mata Rocks?

We just booked at the Mata Rocks for our first trip to Belize/Ambergris Caye. Anybody have any advise or experience with this hotel?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,960 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Mata Rocks?

I've never stayed there, but had drinks at their beach bar. It looks very nice, it's on my 'list' of where to stay, but always manages to get bumped since I like being closer to town. It has lots of repeat visitors, I'm guessing you'll have a great time. Jean

new york
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Mata Rocks?

We just returned from one week at Mata Rocks. You will be very happy. The staff is wonderful, don't be afraid to ask them any questions or for any help. It is quite small, so you will have to expect to be close to your fellow guests on the beach and get to know people. Which, I think, is a nice thing. :) A bike into town is easy 10 minutes with the bikes they have there (which are free) or 5 US dollars in a cab which is easy to get since there is a taxi stand across the street. The place is super clean and very beautiful. Every room has a great view. Its a great deal!

La Porte, IN
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on Mata Rocks?

Thanks for the info, folks. We are looking forward to our trip very much!