We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a place to stay in AC

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a place to stay in AC

Hi,

Does anyone have any good recommendations of places to stay. I'd like:

Hotel/Resort with a pool (for our 4 yr old son) swim up bar would be fun

walking distance to some restaurants and shops?

Located on the beach

nothing too rustic :-)

Clean

Air Con

We really can't afford to spend more then $200 a night if possible.

We could easily fit into a one bedroom condo with a sleeper or sofa.

We're planning on going in March sometime 2-3rd week?

Also for 5-7 nights

Hope to hear from anyone!

Thanks!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
48 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a place to stay in AC

We just got back from our first time in AC a couple weeks ago. I haven't posted a review on Xanadu yet, but we stayed there and just loved it! It isn't right in town, but not too far. It does have a nice pool and the service is really what everyone says it is...phenominal. We thought the reviews couldn't be believed because everyone just raved about it, but it really was great! The units are a little dated, but VERY clean and everything is really wonderful. We enjoyed our stay and liked that it wasn't a huge resort. They don't have a pool bar, but bring some big travel mugs, make your own beverage in your room, bring it down and relax at the pool or on the peir and enjoy the calm. We loved it!

Where ever you stay, I hope you have a wonderful stay. Enjoy the island and the people.

2. Re: Looking for a place to stay in AC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, January 06, 2014