We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Considering July in Ambergris Caye Belize

Encinitas, CA
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Considering July in Ambergris Caye Belize

I want to take a long desired trip to the Ambergris Caye in Belize to celebrate my 50th Birthday. However, since I want to include my 16 year old son, July is the only month we can go. I know it may be hot and rainy but any other advice? ie: activities, bugs, crowds, water condition? We are avid snorkelers, beginner divers and very non-fussy. Considering "The Tree House" for accommodation.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Considering July in Ambergris Caye Belize

get your diving certs out of the way at home before you go. squitos are a non issue if windy but a problem if calm pack your ultrathon. spend time on gmaps doping the joint out. Planning a lot of mainland tours suggest a split trip with half time on the mainland.. Do your due diligence and keep reading and youtubing. dont forget to ride the segways. you may be kayaking out to the reef to shorkel. leave pricey stuff and anything of a cherished nature home. July is hurricane season so consider trip insurance. I dont get it as the airlines and hotel will reschedule you if there is a storm.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Considering July in Ambergris Caye Belize

If you love snorkeling and diving, then you'll get a lot of that in. You didn't mention any inland tours, but if you wanted to do ruins and caves and waterfalls, then you might look into splitting your trip up.

Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
433 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Considering July in Ambergris Caye Belize

We were there this year in July with our two daughters, ages 15 and 11. The weather was perfect...and just enough breeze to keep away bugs. We enjoyed snorkeling, exploring town, and taking the golf cart out. It was so relaxing just being lazy by the pool or swimming off the dock. I do agree that you should consider splitting time between island/mainland if you plan on caving, ruins, and jungle tours. Enjoy your trip! We are headed back in May!!

4. Re: Considering July in Ambergris Caye Belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, December 17, 2013