We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye

kansas city...
Level Contributor
515 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye

My husband and I are planning a trip next Spring and are comparing costs with our recent trips to Akumal, Mexico. What is the cost for renting a golf cart per week? We will likely stay in a condo south of San Pedro.

any additional info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your help!

31 replies to this topic
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,672 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye

This certainly isn't a complete list, but, here's some ideas.

http://ambergriscaye.com/golfcarts/index.html

kansas city...
Level Contributor
515 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye

Thank you Jeanh!!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye

Depending on where you stay, you might not even need a golf cart. It would definitely be cheaper to take cabs, and you wouldn't be prone to getting stuck in traffic.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye

there isnt enough traffic to get stuck in as AC/SP is very small

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye

We usually stay on the south end of the island at Villas of Banyan Bay or Grand Colony every year. And a golf cart is a must have!! If I remember correctly it is $250 to $300 usd for the week. I usually go to tacogirl.com and she usually has a 10% coupon for golf carts and usually can get a discount on tropic air also. You'll love the ease of coming and going by having a golf cart.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,672 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye

I live at Coral Bay, which is maybe half a mile north of Banyan Bay/Grand Colony, when I'm on the isalnd. We rarely rent a golf cart. Walk during the day, take a cab on the rare occasion that we're out at night.

But, we like to walk......

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye

I'm calling you on this one Katzgar. It is very small, and there are 1000's of carts and vehicles. It's actually the only place I've seen a traffic jam, but then again, those times it might have been caused by an accident. I do my best to stay off the few roads, once again due to the traffic.

If you like to walk, then the beach is the way to go. And there are plenty of great restaurants, bars, and hangouts along the beach too, and quite a few beach vendors selling cool trinkets.

kansas city...
Level Contributor
515 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye

Great ideas folks!! Thank you all! We like to walk too - we also like to rent bicycles where we stay now (Half Moon Bay in Akumal). I am looking at renting the Tree House - I have been all over VRBO looking at rentals - do any of you care to suggest one or two? We like to cook our own meals sometimes - BBQ grill, don't need a pool - would like a beach area to lounge and Husband would like to fish from a pier, and we love to snorkel (but are not divers).

TA folks are the best!! thank you again!

rochester
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye

My wife and I are staying at Grand Caribe. Arriving at San Pedro Airport. Is cab to Grand Caribe available or should we and are we able to rent carts at airport?

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye

san pedro is a town of 9K people......thousands of carts/vehicles? not hardly

Reply to: Golf Cart Rental on Ambergris Caye
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted