We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belizean Shores or Reef. .

Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Belizean Shores or Reef. .

My boyfriend and I are planning a visit the first week in April. We are deciding on accomodations. Its a tough choice and it is our first visit. I tried to get into Victoria House but it is booked. Now the choices are:

Belizean Shores

Belizean Reef

Banana Beach

OR ?

We are looking for walking distance to restaurants etc. Must be on the beach in a romantic atmosphere. Pool nice but not necessary if swimming is good at that location on the beach. Pool or beachside bar preferred.

Any suggestions and does anyone know what the flight from Belize to San Pedro costs--roughly?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,747 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belizean Shores or Reef. .

Belizean Shores is north of the cut, and will limit the number of restaurants within walking distance. It does have a lovely pool, probably the best on Ambergris Caye.

Belizean Reef is where we have stayed on our last two visits. The condos are beautiful. The big drawback is no pool, but you are almost next door to Ramon's, which has great swimming and snorkeling from their dock. It's also just on the south end of town, so everything is an easy walk.

People love Banana Beach. Two pools, but the one building reminds me of the motel I stayed at in Atlantic City when I was a kid. For whatever reason it doesn't appeal to me. The rooms look pretty nice in the pictures.

You might also look at the Palms, great location, small pool, lovely condos. Aslo Aquamarine Suites have a pool and a bar and are on the north edge of town. Exotic Caye/Playador (I think that's the name) has a bar and a pool.

Airfare from the international airport in Belize City is a little over $100.00 per person round trip. Quite a bit less from the municipal airport, but by the time you take a cab there, you won't save all that much.

Jean

Get answers to your questions about Ambergris Caye