We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Resturants on Ambergis Caye/Food shopping

Maine
Level Contributor
134 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good Resturants on Ambergis Caye/Food shopping

Can someone give me the names of a few good resturants on Ambergis Caye. How are the price's? Is there a grocery store to purchase groceries? We are staying at a villa, so will need groceries. Thanks for any advice or help Cathy

Lewes DE
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Resturants on Ambergis Caye/Food shopping

Yes there is a grocery store,but outside of water and beer you don't need to use it. To many great places to eat most all are very reasonable and you will miss out on the Belizan experience by staying home to eat. Don't miis out on the Sunday barbq it is only on Sunday. Go to www.amberiscaye.com/message for good discusions on resturant etc.

boise
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Resturants on Ambergis Caye/Food shopping

We loved Elvi's kitchen. It has a tree growing up through the middle and the food and people were the best. We ate several meals there during our stay. One of our most enjoyable nights was sitting on the beach at Big Daddys with our feet buried in the sand and eating peanuts and the chicken they were barbequeing behind us. They were a little light on the alcohol in the drinks, but the rum we had stashed in our camera bag fixed that problem. We had the best papaya juice we have ever had in Belize. If you haven't tried it, it's great. I didn't even know what it was before I came here. Lot's of the little hotels with restaurants cook up what they caught that day and usually it's pretty good. We did an overnight dive boat to the Blue Hole and the dinner was caught on the way and was delicious! Conch ceviche is always wonderful if you can get it. I think we got some at Journey's End (?). Haven't been back since the hurricane so I don't know what's left there. have fun!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,941 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Resturants on Ambergis Caye/Food shopping

One of my favorite restaurants in San Pedro is Casa Picasso. Mostly tapas and pasta. Friendly owners, and I understand very good martinis (I'm a Belikin drinker).

We've also had very good meals at Blue Water Grill, right on the beach.

I love JamBel Jerk, but my husband isn't as fond. Too spicy for him.

Caliente's is another favorite.

There are some other, more expensive restaurants around, but we haven't been there. Prices certainly aren't cheap, but certainly cheaper than here at home. And good cheap food can be found if you look. The food stands downtown have great food at bargain prices.

new york
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Resturants on Ambergis Caye/Food shopping

Definately the best place on the island is Casa Picasso. Food was wonderful! For 2 people, complete with dessert and 2 martinis each we paid 60 US dollars. and it was soooo wonderful. We liked the Reef Restaurant and also Jambels jerk pit. Pauly's pizza is pretty tasty too.

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Resturants on Ambergis Caye/Food shopping

For good spice food Jambel's is the best.

Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Resturants on Ambergis Caye/Food shopping

Try the search button on www.amerbriscaye.com

VA
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Resturants on Ambergis Caye/Food shopping

I would echo the comment on Casa Picasso. We enjoyed it so much, that we went there two nights in the few days we were there. It is a little off the beaten path, but well worth the effort to get there. The drinks, food and atmosphere are all great.

nc
Level Contributor
7 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Resturants on Ambergis Caye/Food shopping

Rico's on the water at banyan bay is a must! ate there 4 times...blue water grille is also yummy