We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Ambergis - North of the Island? South?

providence, ri
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Ambergis - North of the Island? South?

I thinking of going to ambergis for 3 days and staying north of the island at Xaman. It looks great. Is it really better to stay in the south which is more accessible? For three days I was thinking I have enough to do/restaurants to try from the north without needing to go to san pedro every day/night?

Thoughts? Is this a nice way to wind up a trip and relax or it is too isolated. How often do the water taxis run in mid January.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Ambergis - North of the Island? South?

Depends on what access you want to town. Xaman is close to other good restaurants and you can always take a water taxi to and from town. South of town gives you access on foot, bike, golf cart rental or taxi any time you want.

providence, ri
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Ambergis - North of the Island? South?

My wife & I want to relax; walk on the beach; snorkel & explore the area. Enjoy good restaurants but not a big partier.

3. Re: 3 days in Ambergis - North of the Island? South?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 04, 2009