We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xanadu in March 2009

Metro Detroit
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Xanadu in March 2009

I am considering Xanadu in March 2009 - I would like some honest opinions from travelers - Is Belize safe? Can you swim/snorkel right off shore at Ambergris Caye? Are restaurants very expensive? I will be traveling with my cousin and we are looking for a relaxing location with activities near by for day trips. Thanks and I look forward to responses!

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Xanadu in March 2009

br66-

It all depends on what you want.. we walked up and down the beach and both those places looked very nice , check ambergriscaye.forum for more info on those specific places.

If you want privacy and top notch place to stay and within walking distance to town I would definitely recommend Xanadu.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Xanadu in March 2009

brneyed, you've got the facts on Xanadu, never stayed there myself but walked by, nice place. A little too far south for some, you can walk to town but it is a good hike. I have stayed at the Palms, and it is very nice, a short walk from downtown and a nice spot on the beach. It does have a smaller pool and pool area, very nice and private. The rooms are roomy and well appointed with a good ocean view.

13. Re: Xanadu in March 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ambergris Caye