We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palms or Belizean Reef

Virginia
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Palms or Belizean Reef

Do the Palms or Belizean Reef Condos have beaches with beach chairs to lay out?

Do they provide beach towels?

I know Ramon's is close by. Can you use their beach chairs if you're staying at one of the Condo places?

If not having a pool doesn't matter, can anyone recommend why Palm or Belizean Reef is better than the other?

So both (or either) place have restaurants or bars?

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Palms or Belizean Reef

1. Both have beach chairs.

2. I don't know about the towels. My guess is yes but you should ask if/when you book.

3. I wouldn't use Ramon's chairs unless I'm staying there...I think it's rude. However, I've seen many people walk over from the Palms and take a chair.

4. I have only been inside the Palms once and the unit was very nice. Belizean Reef has a busy alley way on the north side of the property but it gets great reviews. It's probably a toss up.

5. Neither has a restaurant or bar.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palms or Belizean Reef

I've stayed at both. We usually stayed at Belizean Reef, decided we'd try the Palms since they have a pool. We ended up only using the pool once, and the rate was almost $50.00 a day more.

I like both places. Belizean Reef has a bit of an odd layout in that you enter right into the bedroom. The living rooms are huge. The balconies are good sized, but have a solid 'wall' so you don't have great views while sitting.

The light seems better at Belizean Reef. Not that the Palms are dark, but the units at the Reef are really light. I think it's the white tile.

I know the Palms has beach towels, don't recall at Belizean Reef.

Virginia
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palms or Belizean Reef

I know the beach at Ramon's is better. But, do both The Palms and Belizean Reef have their own beach with beach chairs?

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palms or Belizean Reef

Both have beaches with beach chairs.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palms or Belizean Reef

Look at the web sites for both the Palms and Belizean Reef. They both have beach chairs, but they're set up away from the edge of the water. The beach in front of both places has lots of pedestrian and foot traffic.

You can always check at Ramon's, I wouldn't be surprised if they'll let you use their chairs if you're buying drinks from their bar.

We always just sat in the chairs at Belizean Reef and wandered over to Ramon's for a swim.

Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palms or Belizean Reef

Their is a lot of beach grass in front of both. Everyone uses Ramon's beach for swimming but sunbathe at their own place.

The ground floor units at Belizean Reef have direct access to the beach since you can go out the back doors. The upper units you have to walk around the building. Unit 1 has a larger porch and outside table which is nice for sitting and drinking beer etc.

You might want to check with the Palms about renting bikes and boats. Belizean Reef doesn't have either but I believe the Palms has both.

7. Re: Palms or Belizean Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 09, 2009