We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jelly fish and sand flies?

BelmontMA
5 posts
Save Topic
jelly fish and sand flies?

I'll be traveling to Ambergris Caye the last week of this month. Will there be any problem with sand flies and or jelly fish?

PFS
SK
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jelly fish and sand flies?

Hi There

Anyone out there please feel free to correct me ... but the only time I have ever encountered jelly fish in Belize is in April, and that was this year. And quite frankly I never saw any live ones just one on the beach that one of the local kids had. I believe it was called a "thimble" jelly fish.

They also get man-o-wars in Belize (I am told) but I have never seen one. Generally they are outside of the reef if there are any.

2. Re: jelly fish and sand flies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 09, 2009