We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing/Snorkeling

wisconsin
2 posts
Save Topic
Fishing/Snorkeling

Planning a June trip to belize with wife to fish, snorkel, relax, not neccesarily in that order. Have never been there before but looking for a beachfront villa, cabana. Is anyone aware of an outfit that puts a package together like this or has been on a similar vacation? Thanks. Dave and Sherian

NYC
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing/Snorkeling

You may want to consider some of the smaller cayes for what you're considering. Have a look at Tobacco Caye (I stayed at Ocean's Edge Lodge and absolutely loved it), I've heard Southwater Caye is nice and then there is Glover's Reef Atoll Resort. I had a glimpse of it and wanted to jump off our dive boat and swim to shore. All the places I mentioned have snorkeling for shore, good fishing and you will be relaxed whether you're trying to be or not. Glover's is a weeklong deal, but the atoll is the most beautiful snorkeling destination I saw by far. It's beyond words.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing/Snorkeling

Island of Ambergris? Placencia peninsula? A remote atoll? What about splitting your trip between the beach and mainland for jungle, maya sites, caving, horses, kayaking and canoeing, scenic trips, etc. www.belizenet.com is a good place to cull info

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing/Snorkeling

Island of Ambergris? Placencia peninsula? A remote atoll? What about splitting your trip between the beach and mainland for jungle, maya sites, caving, horses, kayaking and canoeing, scenic trips, etc. www.belizenet.com is a good place to cull info