We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for lush resort on ambergris

Huntington Beach...
3 posts
Save Topic
looking for lush resort on ambergris

Hi all, thanks for all the helpful info. My husband and I are going to Belize in July (20th wedding anniversary). We want a tropical peaceful resort with a nice beach. We would like to kayak, bike and snorkle nearby or lie in a hammock and read. We considered some of the quieter resorts near turneffe atoll but thought we might go stir crazy. We thought the mainland would be too hot in July so we settled on Ambergris. So far Capricorn resort and Ramon's village sound great! Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanxs

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,138 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for lush resort on ambergris

Ramon's is just south of town, there will be lots more people wandering on the beach than there would be at Capricorn. It is a very nice stretch of beach though. Also a nice dock to swim and snorkel from. Very easy access to a large number of very good restaurtants. I've read reports that it's a bit overpriced, but others who have stayed there love it. We will be staying next door at The Palms, very nice condos, next month.

Capricorn is north of the 'cut', meaning you'll have to take a water taxi, rent a golf cart or bike if you want to get into town. I've never eaten there, but it's one of the best restaurants on the island.

Mata Chica and Portofino look really neat, they're also north and more isolated.

Huntington Beach...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for lush resort on ambergris

thanks Jeanh we appreciate the help. We don't get out much so this forum is a very helpful.

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for lush resort on ambergris

Have you considered Victoria House? An absolutely beautiful

resort! Far superior to Ramon's.

ambergriscaye.com/victoriahouse/index.html

Eagan, Minnesota
Level Contributor
22 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for lush resort on ambergris

I would also consider the Villas at Banyan Bay. Not as top notch as Vistoria House but much better then Ramons. Great pool, beach, accomodations, staff, onsite restaurant and dive shop.

Huntington Beach...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for lush resort on ambergris

Thanx for the recommendations Wendyb and eagantrvlr, I'm looking into Victoria house and the Villas Banyan Bay this is a great help

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for lush resort on ambergris

I agree, Banyon Bay is a really nice resort. I think these 2 are the top in San Pedro (without having to take a boat north).

My daughter works at Banyon Bay!

Charleston SC
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for lush resort on ambergris

Hello,

I just got back from Ambergris Caye this week for a wedding. Victoria House sounds like what you are looking for. It has a wider beach. It takes about 10-15 minutes to bike into San Pedro. Food is wonderful and the rooms are beautiful. I saw alot of the rooms- They had alot of variety on size of rooms/suites and the casitas are very cool- comfortable beds too! All the water taxis pick you up up right at the end of the dock to snorkle, day trips etc.- photo8

New Jersey
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for lush resort on ambergris

We stayed at Xanadu in Feb. and it was wonderful. It's a small resort with various size units and looks exactly like the website. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath with full kitchen and a huge balcony (Marlin suite). You can swim off the dock and there is a great view of the sea from the pool area. Very relaxing. No bar or restaurant on site, but we stocked the kitchen with beer, rum, snacks, etc. Lots of places to eat very close by and Marina's market is steps away on the road. They have bikes and kayaks for guests free of charge. It's an easy bike ride into town and we rented a golf cart to explore the island - so much fun. The staff is very helpful booking tours, golfcart, etc.

Vancouver
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for lush resort on ambergris

Without a doubt, Xanadu is the resort for you. It is a marvelous resort and has all the ammentities you are looking for. We absolutely adore this property.

Nashville, Tennessee
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: looking for lush resort on ambergris

VICTORIA HOUSE! Only one that meets your criteria.