We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost and quality of beef ?

2 posts
Save Topic
Cost and quality of beef ?

My husband and I are big steak eaters...quality is important, he

was a Chef and we like our good food..any ideas on food quality

and pricing ???

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost and quality of beef ?

My husband loves a good steak. He pretty much eats pork and chicken for the 3+ months that we live in Belize. Qualtiy has improved in recent years, but, it's still not even close to corn fed midwest US beef.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost and quality of beef ?

Majority of the cows in Belize are free range grass fed beef. So with that said the texture of the beef will differ from the corn fed beef you are accustom to int he states There are very FEW places here in Belize that can cook a good steak so be prepared. However, there is so much great food here in Belize you may not even miss eating a piece of steak for a few days.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
431 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost and quality of beef ?

I typically go to the butcher shop and grill my own steak. Sirliloin is typically the best they have---thinly cut.

4. Re: Cost and quality of beef ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 08, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Belize Cayes