We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for the ultimate paradise beach

Toronto
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for the ultimate paradise beach

Hi,

I've been reading through the forums trying to put together a short trip (11 days) to Belize in late may. So far, I think we'll be arriving in Belize City, heading to San Ignacio for a couple days to see the caves and do another day trip, then heading to Tikal with a couple days at Flores. For the last 3 days of our trip we would like to visit one of those beaches/islands that you only see in movies. We enjoy snorkeling very much and kayaking. I read that Caulker and Ambergris are nice but there are no great beaches. So the cays seem to be the right choice, but I don't know if you can go to Glover's or Lighthouse without paying and arm and a leg? Is it possible to go for three days only? If so, where do you stay? Are there any other cays with great snorkeling closer to Hopkins or Placencia? I see the map and I can see there are tons of atolls, but I have no idea how to get there and if accommodations are available once you get there. Any information would be greatly appreciated,

H

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,030 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for the ultimate paradise beach

I'd look at Southwater Caye for your beach time. I've never been, but, it sounds lovely. Accessed from Dangriga.

I've been to a near by island, Tobacco Caye, must more rustic. Snorkeling was excellent. I am guessing the snorkeling would be similar on Southwater.

2. Re: Looking for the ultimate paradise beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:40 pm, March 18, 2013
3. Re: Looking for the ultimate paradise beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 19, 2014