We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tradewinds cruise

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
tradewinds cruise

someone please tell me their rates

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tradewinds cruise

perhaps they know them

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tradewinds cruise

thanks.

I've contacted them and have yet to hear from them.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
132 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tradewinds cruise

If you are interested please contact me, as a member I know who to contact in order to get a better rate. My phone number is 831 7246650.

Temple City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tradewinds cruise

I'm planning a trip to Tradewinds Belize. From Los Angeles, CA.USA am I to fly to Belize City and then take another flight to Placentia? What is the best way to do the air portion of the vacation? If I want to do a land portion of my vacation say like an eco-trip in the jungle part of Belize, where is the best place and packages any one here knows of? Would it be best to stay in Belize City for the Land part and then later fly to Placentia for the Tradewinds Part?

Thank you,

Maggie

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
United States
United States
North America
Belize City
Belize City
Belize District, Belize
Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
9 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tradewinds cruise

Did you already go on this trip? I did this trip two years ago, as we are tradewinds members. We flew into Belize City. We booked a package stay with Chaa Creek, an inland hotel that offers tours, food, etc. It was AMAZING! We went to Tikal in Guatemala, visited the ATM cave, and a few other tours. Chaa Creek picked us up at the airport, and then took us back a week later. Then we flew down to Placencia on a local plane, spent a few days there at Robert's Grove, which was basic but nice, and then took the Tradewinds Cruise. It was an amazing adventure. Belize is very unspoilt and some of the best snorkeling experiences we have ever had...including Manta Rays, HUGE turtles, nurse sharks. It is not like the other Tradewinds trips, where you will visit island towns, etc., but it is spectacular! PS We liked inland Belize so much, we are going to go back.

Mentioned in this post
Belize City
Belize City
Belize District, Belize
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
Robert's Grove Beach Resort
Robert's Grove Beach...
819 Reviews
Placencia, Belize
Belize
Belize
Central America
Kansas
Level Contributor
8 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tradewinds cruise

My husband and i went on the cruise from Placencia December 15-22, 2012 and had a fabulous time! We cruised on the catamaran Joy with the Captain, Guy, and First Mate, Sarah. Both Guy and Sarah were young, but were extremely professional, yet friendly, and we were impressed by their maturity and the service they provided. Guy absolutely loves sailing and the water. We are both certified divers and enjoyed diving with Guy. The meals that Sarah created from her small kitchen galley were absolutely delicious!

If you have no problem with living in a small cabin for a week with only hatches and a small fan as a means for cooling and cold water showers (which is the majority of time) whenever the water is not warmed from the generator or the water-making system are not running, and you do not mind spending a week in close proximity of others (private time is still possible though) - you will not experience a better vacation if you love getting off the beaten, tourist paths and love the water!

Recommendation for those that get seasick - I have always used the patch and have had no problem, but experienced problems towards the end of the cruise due to all the in and out water activity I lost a patch and did not realize it until symptoms developed. I am use to cruise ships without all the in/out water activity and staying on land and taking a dive boat out 1x/day. Found out that 1) patch is not adhesive enough for all the in and out water activity for the 3 days the patch is suppose to be on and 2) found out that the patch does not administer the medication as effectively when wet so being wet so much diminished its effectiveness greatly. When discussing the matter with dive shop owner upon return, he recommended for such cruises to wear both the patch AND take the OTC medication Bonine. (Hope this helps others!)

Despite getting seasick, we had such an amazing time that we made arrangements for a future cruise before leaving Placencia. Now we just have to decide where and when to take the cruise!

Mentioned in this post
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
Ramsey, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tradewinds cruise

We had a great time on Tradewinds!! You don't need to pack much just swim suits, some shorts and sun screen.

There is no air conditioning on the boat so I would bring an extra battery operated fan for the bedroom. We also brought some cooling clothes and sun screen clothes you can get a sporting good stores. The boat is small so you will be hanging with the other travelers we had a great group so that was not an issue for us.

The food was awesome. The snorkeling was wonderful, very clear comfortable water. You can travel to small cayes that you would not normally get to.

8. Re: tradewinds cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 18, 2014