We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mostly diving and a little adventure

San Diego
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Topic
Mostly diving and a little adventure

My boyfriend and I are planning a dive trip to Belize in May. Been to Cozumel a few times and love it, but we've decided to venture out.

We like to do 2 dives/day (for 4-5 days) and then just chill in the afternoon, maybe doing a nite dive or two sometime during the week. Then, we'd like to go over to the mainland and "off-gas" for a few days and maybe do a jungle adventure, but mostly just kick back. I'm finding it's so much more complicated than Cozumel. Any ideas? Budget is flexible depending on what you get, but probably moderate for the dive part and more up-scale for the mainland part. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting to stress!

Thanks,

Michelle

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mostly diving and a little adventure

Michelle, I'm a bit confused as to why you are finding it more complicated than Cozumel.

Are you talking about trying to put together the inland portion?

As for being on the island, count on being able to do your 2 dives a day and then kicking back. I find Ambergris Caye far more kickback than Coz.

What kind of accommodation do you want on Ambergris? Do you need a pool, would you like a kitchenette? Would you be happy with a very nice kitchenette studio with a fabulous balconey that overlooks the dive shop, right in town, walking distance from any number of bars and restaurants and a nightlife? Check out Mayan Princess and their dive package. The dive op is Amigos del Mar.

When you are ready to go inland, you can catch a water taxi or take the puddle jumper back to the mainland.

One of the best things I've ever done in my life is a trek through the Aktun Tunichal Muknal tour, so I highly recommend that adventure.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,913 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mostly diving and a little adventure

We've got lots of great varied diving along our 190 mile reef and 3 remote atolls, all different from each other. Whale sharks congregate off the Placencia coast March-July, best time to see them is within 3 days of the full moon. Dive and snorkel trips to the area. I prefer the Cayo district in Western Belize for its impressive Maya sites, exciting cave trips, jungle, waterfalls, river and horse trips and diversity of people. Most lodges within two hrs drive of Belize City, very easy to get to and get around in.

belize
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mostly diving and a little adventure

Check out www.ReefCI.com for their diving conservation holidays from the Sapodilla Cayes, which would combine well with the Toledo District in southern Belize for jungle adventure.

4. Re: Mostly diving and a little adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 16, 2009