We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you recommend Belize?

Seattle, WA
1 post
Save Topic
Do you recommend Belize?

I'm 27 and by boyfriend is 37. We are plannig a trip to Belize in Jan. We wanted some input about it. We thought about staying in Belize City at the Radisson for the first couple days. Maybe staying on one of the Cayes and then heading into the rainforest, see some ruins and maybe go to Guatemala for a day or so. I would greatly appreciate any advice and comments. Also, what about renting a car? We need to decide soon, so the sooner the better on a reply. Thanks so much!

JJ
tri-cities, WA
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you recommend Belize?

I would definitely recommend Belize, it is an amazing place with a lot to offer. If I were you, I wouldn't stay a few days in Bze City, there is not a whole lot to do there. You can get a feel for it in a day and then go on to the more beautiful places. Renting a car can be expensive and also travel can be slow and tiring on the unpaved roads. You can fly within the country to most places pretty reasonably. Hope this helps! JJ

JJ
tri-cities, WA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you recommend Belize?

I would definitely recommend Belize, it is an amazing place with a lot to offer. If I were you, I wouldn't stay a few days in Bze City, there is not a whole lot to do there. You can get a feel for it in a day and then go on to the more beautiful places. Renting a car can be expensive and also travel can be slow and tiring on the unpaved roads. You can fly within the country to most places pretty reasonably. Hope this helps! JJ

montreal
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you recommend Belize?

what about camping in belize? is it secure?