We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still need help...

Level Contributor
219 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Still need help...

I am still working on the research between Belize or Costa Rica for 4 nights in early April. If we go for Belize, would you recommend Chaa Creek or Jaguar Reef? Family of 2 adults and 2 teens -- and we don't want to travel too much since our trip is short. I would like to know the costs ahead of time so included meals would be a bonus and I don't want to pay lots of additional $$$ for tours. We are vegetarians (no fish either) so if anyone has this type of experience at either location, please let me know. Thanks for all of the advice so far.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Dallas, Texas
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Still need help...

I am researching my first trip to Belize as well but I have been to Costa Rica and it is amazing. My fiancé and I stayed in Samara Beach and I could not recommend it more. It is very minimally touristy and the food / people are fantastic.

Food etc, was pretty inexpensive (most meals were very large and cost approx $5-8 US) the activities like jungle ropes courses etc. could get a touch pricier but overall ran about the same as any other place where you would do something similar.

If you have any questions about that part of Costa Rica, I am more than happy to tell you what I can remember! best of luck -

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,363 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Still need help...

4 nights? I'd pick a beach location with easy access to whatever mainland trips interest you-maya sites, caves, rivers. Hopkins, Placencia or even Ambergris Caye. You'll do better with food options for vegetarians on Ambergris and find a nice large selection of hotels, inns and condos with kitchens.

Mentioned in this post
Ambergris Caye
Ambergris Caye
Belize Cayes, Belize
Level Contributor
219 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Still need help...

What do you think of 4 nights at Caves Branch? The all-inclusive is very reasonable and the tours are quite interesting and varied, including a snorkeling day trip. Thanks for more input.

4. Re: Still need help...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, August 14, 2009