We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Feedback on Caves Branch Lodge

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Topic
Looking for Feedback on Caves Branch Lodge

Hello,

I posted the other day asking about general travel questions including about CBL but wanted to ask more specifically in a separate post. Traveling with my 13 year old in mid to late August and this seems like a good way to be around other families and looks like a lot of fun. Is doing a package a better value for 4 - 5 nights?

thank you

The Great Blue Hole at Lighthouse Reef
Caverns & Caves, Geologic Formations, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Jaguar Paw
Caverns & Caves
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,252 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Feedback on Caves Branch Lodge

Yes, the package is better value than ala carte, especially if you are planning to do a trip each day. Do they offer all the trips you want and located in close proximity?

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Feedback on Caves Branch Lodge

I'd recommend a package too, especially since you'll be there a while. They have quite a few different excursions at IACB, and they are all top notch. Try the Black Hole Drop and the Waterfall Cave.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Feedback on Caves Branch Lodge

Thanks for the feedback. I realize I conflated two inquires. I was actually trying to figure out if staying somewhere else and booking excursions/tours separately might be better than staying at CBL with adventure package.

My plan is 4 nights in the mountains/jungle area and then head to a beach. I like the communal meals and pool at CBL in addition to the adventure package because it seems there is a better chance of getting to know other families with teens but no one yet has been able to help me understand why as a single adult I need to pay a hefty surcharge in addition to the double occupancy rate (which I understand) or tell me if this will be the norm everywhere I book.

thanks,

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,252 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Feedback on Caves Branch Lodge

I'm not sure I understand your question about billing. CB has a package rates for single, double, triple, etc occupancy. Ask them if you do not understand; their booking agency should be able to explain to you

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Feedback on Caves Branch Lodge

I have asked. This is exactly what I was quoted

"The package is based on double occupancy, your son will be charged the student rate, you will be charged the per person rate with the additional single supplement fee.

So for example a 5 night package in a junior suite is 1100.00 (based on double occupancy) plus an additional 479.00 single supplement.

I do plan on calling again although we have emailed about this twice.

thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Feedback on Caves Branch Lodge

Cave Branch representative gave me a comprehensive explanation of how the charges work. Although CBL has some good features that work for us; I am wondering if staying at another lodge - Duplooy's perhaps - makes sense since two of the adventures we are interested in ATM and Tikal are extra cost.

Interested in jungle lodge recommendations especially with a pool.

Also wondering if going to Tikal for an overnight either first or between jungle lodge and a caye is doable rather than a day trip from a lodge. I don't want to make too many stops with not enough time. If I have a travel day on each end - does this sound like a reasonable itinerary with an additional 8 full days in Belize?

thanks

7. Re: Looking for Feedback on Caves Branch Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 24, 2014