We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Belize for 3nights-options and preferences

CavaFizz
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Belize for 3nights-options and preferences

included..

Where to stay in Belize for 3 days - options listed

So,

I'm trying to make a late booking for my honeymoon in Belize, going to be there July 4-7. Unfortunately some of the best hotels are not available. Looking for input into my current options ( in order of current preference) and recommendations of places which i haven't considered:

El Secreto - San Pedro

Turtle Inn - Placencia

St. George's Caye Resort

Singing Sands inn - Placencia

What we are looking for in order of importance:

Trips- snorkeling preferably at the blue hole and also do cave tubing. ( I believe these trips are easier to do the further north you are)

Beach

Food

Relaxation

accessible community where we can eat out one night..

Looking for a good value place but we have a decent budget up to $400 US / night, but i don't want to be somewhere where i am scared to order a drink because they are so expensive.

FYI:

these places are fully booked:

Matachica

Hamanasi

Chabli mar

Kanantik

Thanks in advance

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,442 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Belize for 3nights-options and preferences

Actually, the Blue Hole and trips to the mainland from Ambergris are easier from closer to town. The Blue Hole is south of Ambergris, and you go south of Ambergris to get back to the mainland.

El Secreto looks beautiful, at least, in the pictures I've seen. It's 11 miles from town, making access difficult. Do they have a tour company on site? I think they're far enough north that they aren't served by the water taxi.

I don't think you can do day trips to the Blue Hole from Placencia. I'm pretty sure it's just too far. It's at least two hours from Ambergris, much further from Placencia.

There is really excellent snorkeling much closer than the Blue Hole. It's a very long, and, fairly expensive day from Ambergris. At least a couple hundred dollars a person.

I've walked through Turtle Inn. The beach front units are stunners. I don't think the place is air conditioned. Keep that in mind if you aren't used to tropical heat.

I know next to nothing about St. George's Caye resort. Other than I don't think there's a town there. It should put you closer to the Blue Hole though.

Although a nice looking property, I don't think Singing Sands is the same level property as the others that you're looking at.

Some other ideas--check out Victoria House, the Phoenix, Xanadu, and, maybe even Ramon's on Ambergris. All are relatively close to San Pedro, easy access for food and drinks.

North of San Pedro, also look at Grand Caribe, Coco Beach and Las Terrazas.

In Placencia, also look at Robert's Grove.

CavaFizz
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Belize for 3nights-options and preferences

Thank you so much for the reply! i may be back later with more questions

Hopkins
Level Contributor
783 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Belize for 3nights-options and preferences

Take a look at Jaguar Reef, just up the beach from Hamanasi.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Belize for 3nights-options and preferences

Or try Portofino on Ambergris Caye.

Sherman, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Belize for 3nights-options and preferences

My husband & I are at Victoria House during the time you are looking for, and we had to get a 2 BR Infinity suite for the 2 of us b/c that's all that was left. We are at Matachica for 3 nights before that and have to switch hotels for vacancy. I guess we could have worse options than switching between those two. LOL!

Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Belize for 3nights-options and preferences

Beaches and dream, Caribbean Shores is a nice spot inside of hopkins, right along the beach and they have happy hour between 4-7 in the evening, snorkeling will be great from this location, couple islands right off the barrier reef only 45 mins away. Airport transfer, Inland tours like the ruins, cave tubing, waterfalls can all be arranged by sending an email to blingdog_91@yahoo.com. You could also check on VRBO hopkins blue moon cabana, nice place inside the village only 100$ a night

7. Re: Where to stay in Belize for 3nights-options and preferences

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 22, 2014