We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blancaneaux and Turtle Inn

New York, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Blancaneaux and Turtle Inn

My husband and I are planning our 10 year anniversary vacation. We had come across the above named places online and thought it looked terrific. We want a combination of a private, relaxed and quiet vacation, but would also like the ability to hike, horseback ride, etc. I have read several reviews, most of them positive, but aould like to hear your opinions of what both places are really like. How is the food? I am assuming it might be a bit rustic and rough if you were pregnant. We are considering the Mountain/Beach package, which seem like it would fit our needs well. Thanks in advance.

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blancaneaux and Turtle Inn

I haven't actually stayed at either one. We stayed in Placencia at what was Kitty's and is 2 minutes from TI. I also saw both resorts on one of the travel channels. TI is in a nice setting. Right on the water. The TV made the bungalows(?) look very nice and very well furnished. We didn't eat there although we walked through the dining area. For the price, the food better be good.

We stopped at Blancaneaux on the way to some place else. Is rusticly, elegant a phrase. That is what it looked like. Very nice setting. I'm not sure what you mean about "rough if you were pregnant". You will have to walk up and down the paths to get from the bungalows to the restaurant but that didn't look too challenging. Calling it rustic is probably a stretch in any event.

I'd be willing to stay at either resort although I might prefer Blancaneaux. Neither is really my kind of place, though. We're spending our 30th anniversary on a trip to Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks.

From what I could tell on TV, Mr. Coppolla only does it right. Not cheap though.

If you want to see pictures of Placencia (TI) and a couple of Blancaneaux, you can look at our family web site. We've been to Belize 3 times and like the country.

www.AlandSueJohnson.com

Look under Trip Reports / Belize.

Pick Placencia or San Ignacio.

Look at the Caye Caulker ones if you want to see the one we like.

Congratulations on your 10th.