We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize in an RV

Bristol England
5 posts
Save Topic
Belize in an RV

My husband and I are travelling in USA from September and will be in Mexico in December for Christmas. Hoping then to travel into Belize and onwards. Any help with insurance costs and campsites for RVs would be welcome.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize in an RV

I expect others know better, but I am not aware of a single camp site with RV hookup in Belize. The only place I can think of for camping is Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, and that is not really a camp site as such. But as I say, I will probably have 20 people jumping in with better info!

Level Contributor
7,144 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize in an RV

You must be insured to drive in Belize. Insurance can be purchased at the Chetumal/Corozal border.

The main highways are all paved (except for some small sections) and generally in good condition.

There's an RV parking site at the south end of Corozal. It's on the right side of the highway just past the Hotel Maya. Not sure if it's still open -- I've never seen anything parked there.

Inglewood Camping Grounds

ITVET RV campground on the Hummingbird Highway near Dangriga

Not sure if this one's still open.

Edited: 10:22 am, August 07, 2010
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,021 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belize in an RV

Someone just asked this question on the belize forum site:

Lan Sluder gave them some answers.

Level Contributor
377 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belize in an RV

insurance is not real expensive and you can buy it at the border as you cross.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,769 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belize in an RV

There's a great RV place on the Western highway near Cayo. You can get cheap insurance at the border when you come into Belize...in fact, you have to.

6. Re: Belize in an RV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 05, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Belize
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor