We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach and Jungle

Washington, DC
9 posts
Save Topic
Beach and Jungle

I'm planning a trip to Belize in December. I know that I want to spend some time on the beaches of Placencia, but I am also interested in seeing some of the inland attractions. Any suggestions?

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach and Jungle

I'm partial to Cayo for the maya sites, caves, jungle, rivers, horses, people, waterfalls and ease of travel.

Washington, DC
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach and Jungle

Thanks! Any recommendations on places to stay in Placencia and Cayo?

belize
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach and Jungle

Price range? Amenities? Ambiance? Few rooms left over Xmas-New Years week.

Washington, DC
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach and Jungle

When I'm in Placencia, I'd like to be on the beach, maybe about $100 or less/night. In terms of amenities...ceiling fan, private bath, and a clean room would do it. I'm hoping to travel from 12/16-12/23. Do you think I will be able to book a room?

belize
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach and Jungle

take a look at

www.placencia.com

Falls Church...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach and Jungle

I would highly recommend Westwind. You're right on the beach, in the center of Placencia, but far enough from the bars that you can have a lot of peace and quiet in the evenings. You can't beat the view and the rooms are clean, have ample hot water for showers and include a mini refrigerator. The owners are laid back but friendly and helpful. And the price is right!